Student of the Week – 1.27.20

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student of the Week – 1.27.20

This week, junior Austin Kirkpatrick was chosen as the Student of the Week.

Q: What are your hobbies and extracurricular school activities?

A: Some hobbies and extracurricular activities I enjoy doing is 4-H, rodeoing, varsity soccer, track, and backpacking/hiking.

Q: When you get screen time, what are you viewing?

A: When I’m on my phone, I am probably scrolling through social media, but when I’m watching TV, I am watching House, which is my favorite medical show.

Q: What is your favorite memory from high school so far?

A: My favorite memory from high school would probably be all the fun I had during the soccer season with all of my wonderful teammates.

Q: Where is one place on the planet you would like to visit someday? Why?

A: I would love to visit Nepal. I would love to see the different culture and the mountain ranges.

Q: Favorite class subject and why:

A: My favorite class is Biology 2. It is very hard, but I have always loved science. For me, it’s not always about the material being taught, but about the teacher teaching the material.

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone from the past or the present, who would it be and why? 

A: I would have dinner with the 4 cowboys who rode wild horses from Mexico to Canada. They made a movie about their journey, unbranded, but I would love to talk to them about their experience and why this meant so much to them.

Q: If you had to write a thank-you note to a person who has taught you an important life lesson, who would it be? What lesson did you learn?

A: I would thank my dad for pushing me to my limits, pushing me to check everything off my bucket list, and always supporting me in everything I do. I learned that life is not forever, and you should do as many things as you can to make your life enjoyable.

Q: What is your passion, as of right now in high school?

A: Some of my passions right now include hiking, horse riding, and playing soccer.