Meet our School Maintenance Supervisor, Mr. Jones!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. Jones has been the Redbank Valley School Maintenance Supervisor since May. Mr. Jones supervises all maintenance employees both day and night shifts.  The maintenance staff is responsible for both cleaning and taking care of all three schools in the district.  

Q: What inspired you to apply for the job of a school maintenance supervisor?

A: I left a job in a gas field where I traveled a lot and I wanted to be home more often.

Q: You have been on the job since May. Do you enjoy the work so far?

A: Yes, I enjoy work and all of the challenges that come my way.

Q: What aspects of the job do you like most?

A: I like the satisfaction of repairing things around the school that help and benefit everyone’s needs.

Q: What have been the challenges you have faced so far?

A: The big challenge that I came into when I first started was that I was just given the keys and nothing was said. I came into this job without any guidance or help, so I had to learn all of this on my own.

Q: What course in high school prepared you for this job?

A: Classes that have been beneficial to me now are wood and electrical shop, biology, different sciences, and Home Ec.

Q: What advice would you give students who may be interested in building and maintenance field? Would there be any training after high school that would benefit them in this field?

A: I would say to the students that you should learn as much heating, air ventilation and electrical so that you have all that. After high school, you can go to technical schools like the one in DuBois.

Mr. Jones has been the Redbank valley school maintenance supervisor since May and has been enjoying his job ever since! Thank you Mr. Jones for all that you do and for taking the time out of your day to tell us about your job!