Meet Miss Smith!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Meet Miss Smith!

In an interview with our new math teacher here at Redbank Valley, Miss Smith, The Bark got to know her better.

Q: What high school did you go to?

A: I went to Purchase Line High School.

Q: What college did you go to?

A: I attended college at Clarion University.

Q: What extracurricular activities did you participate in in high school and college?

A: In high school, I participated in chorus, band, and the annual high school musicals. I also played softball and volleyball. In college, I continued to play softball.

Q: What made you decide to be a teacher?

A: I decided to become a teacher because I like to relay information, as well as seeing people learn.

Q: How long have you been here at Redbank?

A: I have officially been at Redbank now for six days.

Q: What courses do you currently teach here at the high school?

A: I teach Math 8 and Algebra II.

Q: What is one of your favorite teaching memories?

A: One of my favorite teaching memories is probably my first official day at Redbank Valley.

Q: What is one local, state, or national educational issue that you would like to see resolved?

A: I would like more money given to the schools for resources, including technology or supplies. I also think there should be more opportunities for kids to go on educational trips and get the extra experience.

Q: What are some of your hobbies outside of work?

A: One of my hobbies outside of work is playing with my dog.

Q: If you had not chosen to be a teacher, what other career path would you have explored?

A: The career path I would have explored would’ve been an engineer. I don’t know what specific type though, maybe civil engineering.

From everyone at Redbank Valley High School, we would like to welcome Miss Smith to the staff and wish her luck for the rest of the school year!