Field Trip Opportunity

Dr. Harmon has received permission to take up to 50 students, grades 8-12, to New York City on Friday, May 15. The purpose of the trip is to visit Not Long, Not Far Away, the largest Auschwitz exhibit outside Poland.

If you aren’t sure what Auschwitz is, it was the largest death and concentration camp for the Nazis during the Holocaust. This trip is open to students interested in taking the Holocaust Studies course or who have already taken it.

During the trip, you will not only visit the exhibit but also do a walking tour of many New York City sights. The exhibit is only open through August 30th.  Dr. Harmon has extensive experience with New York City and will adjust the walking tour as time and weather permits.

Students will depart and return to Redbank Valley on a motor coach. The cost of the trip is $80, which includes cost of the coach bus. Dr.Harmon has secured funding for the museum entry.  You can pay cash or check to “JOE HARMON”.

If you have any further questions, please see Dr. Harmon in Room 100. 

The itinerary is as follows: 

3 a.m. – Departure from RVHS (We will stop en-route at a fast food location for breakfast)

10 am – Approximate arrival Lower Manhattan 

10 am – 12 pm – Walking tour of Lower Manhattan (9/11 Memorial, Wall Street, Trinity Church, sack lunch in Liberty Park)

12:30-2:30 – Museum of Jewish Heritage, Auschwitz Exhibit.

2:30 -8 pm – Walking tour of Manhattan (subway ride, supper in Times Square, Central Park, Trump Tower for Starbucks

8 pm – Depart for home 

2:00 am (Saturday) – Approximate arrival RVHS

NOTE: Students attending this trip will need money to pay for a metro card (approximately $10) and for any food they will be purchasing.