Online Voting Opens 11.11.19 for Paint the Plow Program in Western Region, District 10

Back to Article
Back to Article

Public Invited to Rate Their Favorite Plows

Indiana, PA – The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) western region invites the public to vote on 16 plows decorated by school students from Armstrong, Butler, Clarion, Jefferson and Indiana counties as part of the “Paint the Plow” program.

“Paint the Plow” is a statewide outreach aimed at promoting winter driving safety and fostering appreciation for high school art programs and student creativity.

Earlier this year, PennDOT’s District 10 invited Armstrong, Butler, Clarion, Indiana and Jefferson County students to paint plow blades based on the statewide theme “Don’t Rush in Ice and Slush.” The theme was chosen to draw attention to the need for motorists to give themselves ample time for travel during wintry weather to arrive safely to their destination.

Students from the following schools participated: Brockway School District, Brookville High School, Butler County ATVS, Holy Sepulcher Catholic School, Clarion Limestone School District, Homer City Elementary School, Homer City High School, Jeff Tech, Knoch High School, Leechburg Area School District, Moniteau High School, Portersville Christian School, Redbank School District, St. Luke Lutheran School, Union High School, and United High School.

A new voting format has been introduced for the 2019 “Paint the Plow” program. Members of the public can vote for their favorite plows through the PennDOT website at www.penndot.gov/District10 by clicking on the “Paint the Plow” icon. From November 11 to 17, 2019, voters will be taken to a survey site where they can pick their favorite plow(s).

The plow photo that receives the most votes between November 11 and 17, 2019 will be deemed the “Fan Favorite.”

Schools and participants are encouraged to share the link to the contest to encourage voting. PennDOT will also post the pictures on Facebook in the album labeled 2019 Paint the Plow, however responses on social media will not count toward the voting totals this year.

During the winter weather season, the blades will be used to maintain area roadways. Along with the “Fan Favorite” award, the blades are also eligible for the “Judges’ Pick” honor that will be determined by PennDOT personnel.