News from the Music Department

Spring Musical News:

The musical this year will be Mary Poppins!

From Mrs. Aaron:  “Attention, musical fans! We are having a meeting for volunteers willing to help make this year’s musical spectacular. The meeting will be held on November 7th in the Redbank Valley cafeteria at 6:00 pm. We are asking anyone interested in volunteering some time to help out with the musical to attend, and bring your friends! The more, the merrier! We are looking for people to assist with the Patron of the Arts program, costuming, advertising, ticket sales, props, lobby decorations and sales, and more. The meeting will include a discussion of these jobs descriptions, and volunteers will be able to sign up to help out with one or more.  We can’t wait to work with this fabulous group of actors and actresses again this year, and hopefully gain a few new ones to grace our stage. Please mark your calendars for November 7th!This production is going to be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!  If you cannot attend the meeting but would be interested in helping out, please email Julie at [email protected] or Carrie at [email protected].”

Auditions for the musical will take place in December. Specific dates are to be determined.

Rehearsals will begin after Christmas break.

Upcoming Events in the Music Department:

The Music Department will once again be having a Vendor Craft show on Saturday November 9th from Noon – 6:00 PM. Get your
Christmas shopping started and support the music department! There will also be a penny carnival, food, and a Chinese auction.

On Thursday, November 21, 2019 Mr. T. and Mrs. McIntire will be taking to Clarion-Limestone High School for the Annual Clarion County Music Festival.

Upcoming Band Events:

On Saturday, November 2, 2019, Mr. Terwilliger will be taking 9 students to AC Valley High School for the Annual Honors Band Concert. The concert will begin at 7:00 PM.

The Marching Band will be playing in the Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 12 at 7:00 PM.

Community Band begins in January. Mr. T. is looking for students, alumni, and community members to play in the band. Specific dates are to be determined.

The annual Christmas concert will take place Thursday, December 12 at 7:00 PM.

Band lessons this week 7th Period (11.4.19-11. to 11.8.19):

Monday: (SAXOPHONES/HORN) Kate Grafton, Marcus John, Shae Lee Minich, Emily Neiswonger, Levi Neiswonger, and Bailey Snyder

Tuesday: (FLUTES/CLARINETS) EvaLynn Barrett, Cadance Ingramc ,Alexandra Shoemaker, Emily Truitt, Lilli Barnett, Nevaeh Martin, Bethany Procious, George Port, Corbin Stephens, Meranda White

Wednesday: (PERCUSSION) Drew Byers, Breckin Minich, Caleb Root

Thursday: (LOW BRASS) Gage Duncan ,Hunter Reichard, Taylor Ripple, Landan Moore

Friday: TRUMPETS Aleeya Adams, Brendan Davis, Kieran Fricko, Miles Hetrick, Levi Shick, Brenden Weaver

Upcoming Chorus Events: 

The annual Christmas concert will take place on Friday, December 13 at 7:00 PM.