Student of the Week- Rylee Bish

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student of the Week- Rylee Bish

Q: What are your hobbies and extracurricular school activities?

A: I am involved in a lot of extracurricular activities, including robotics, color guard, concert band and choir, jazz band, community band, show choir, the musical, bible club, SPARK club, and student council.

Q: When you get screen time, what are you viewing?

A: I am usually watching YouTube or Netflix. Recently I have gotten into shows like Supernatural, Grey’s Anatomy, and Umbrella Academy. I would likely recommend watching any of them.

Q: What is your favorite memory from high school do far? 

A: Band camp, without a doubt. Especially this year. I got to spend some quality time with girls I have grown so close to, and I was able to share what I had learned with them as a color guard co-captain.

Q: Where is one place on the planet you would like to visit someday? Why? 

A: Greece has always been my dream destination. I would really like to see all of the ancient ruins and the beautiful architecture of the buildings there.

Q: Favorite class subject and why:

A: I can’t choose between history and math. I love history because it’s fun to learn about how the world came to the place it is now. And I love math because it’s like a fun puzzle piece.

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone from the past or the present, who would it be and why?

A: Stan Lee. Imagine how amazing that dinner would be! I would ask him about his inspiration for all of his superheroes and why he began writing Marvel comics in the first place.

Q: If you had to write a thank-note to a person who has taught you an important life lesson, who would it be? What lesson did you learn?

A: I would write a thank-you note to my mom. She has taught me that I should worry about pleasing myself instead of everybody around me, on top of so many other valuable life lessons.

Q: What is your passion, as of right now in high school? 

A: Right now, I am really focusing on strengthening, my relationships with Christ, and living my best life for Him