• Seniors stop in room 118 to get your permission slip to go to Kennywood

• Today is a "B" day

• Seniors! Don't forget $15 for your cap and gown.

Filed under Of the Week, Showcase

Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Note:  The slideshow contains examples of special effects make-up that includes fake blood and gore.   

Destiny Logan, a Redbank Valley High School senior, is a high honor student who also attends the Clarion County Career Center for cosmetology.  Destiny has been a stand-out in the cosmetology program.   She has been elected by her peers as vice-president of the cosmetology class.  Destiny placed first in the Skills USA Esthetics Competition locally and then placed fourth at the district-level competition.

Destiny has a particular interest in special effects make-up.  She became interested in this field because her grandpa was close friends with famous make-up artist, Tom Savani, also known as the Godfather of Gore.  Savani did the special effects make-up for classic horror movies like Friday the 13thNight of the Living Dead, and Tales from the Darkside.   Destiny’s grandpa actually had parts in two movies for which Savani provided make-up special effects.

This year, Destiny has been asked to do the special effects make-up for the spring musical, Beauty and the Beast.   Destiny will transform Peyton Kirkpatrick into the beast for the Redbank Valley stage.

Destiny eventually wants to attend Tom Savani’s Special Effects Program at the Douglas Education Center just south of Pittsburgh.  Destiny Logan is another example of the great talent RVHS has and what can happen when you put effort into your talent and passion.

About the Writer
Makayla Monrean, Author

Makayla is a Freshman at Redbank Valley High School and it is her first year writing for The Bark.  She chose to join the newspaper staff  because she...

1 Comment

One Response to “Student Feature – Destiny Logan”

1. Mrs. Orange on February 20th, 2019 11:33 am

Thank you, Makayla, for this beautiful piece featuring Destiny’s amazing work and abilities. I enjoyed having Destiny in my class a few years ago and it’s wonderful to see what she is doing. I’m so proud of her and I’m so glad you showcased the wonderful talents of our student body. Keep up the great articles!

• Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Of the Week

Photo Of The Week

• Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Flashback Friday-1999

• Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Song of the Week

• Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Lunch Menu for the Week

• Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Of the Week

Student of the Week: Mia Gourley

• Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Of the Week

App Review: Flippy Floors

• Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Of the Week

Junior High Shoutout

• Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Student of the Week

• Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Song of the Week

• Student Feature – Destiny Logan

Photo of the Week