• Varsity Baseball will hold open gyms every Monday in January from 7pm-9. 7th & 8th graders are welcome to attend as well.

• Marching Band attending the laser tag and bowling trip-the bus leaves at 5pm on Friday. We will return around 11pm.

• Literature PBA for A DAY students will begin Wednesday, January 24th in computer lab 131.

NBA Recap: Month Two

Jarrett Bailey, Sports Writer

Another month for the NBA Season is in the books, and although the season is still very young, the true playoff contenders are making themselves known. We’ll start in the West where the Warriors are continuing their dominance while holding the league’s best record (26-5) and the top seed in the Western Conference. The scary thing is that they’re not just beating teams, they’re destroying them. They are coming off a game in which they dismantled the Raptors by 20, and the Raptors currently hold the third seed in the East. Stephen Curry continued his dominance scoring 32 Points on 10-18 shooting to go along with 5 rebounds and 12 assists. Draymond Green also had a career day recording a triple double as he racked up 16 points, 11 rebounds, and 13 assists. One thing is for sure right now; the Warriors are almost unstoppable.

Now we’ll briefly talk about the Lakers (11-23). There’s not much to be happy about in the city of angels (Unless you’re a Clippers fan), but one bright side for Lakers fans is that Kobe Bryant surpassed Michael Jordan for third place on the all-time scoring list.

Now let’s focus on the East where the seeds are tighter than ever, as all of the top four teams are within 1.5 games of each other. The Hawks have been the surprise of the league as they lead the East with a record of 25-8. Point guard, Jeff Teague, has emerged as the leader of the team and a possible All-Star, averaging 17 points and 7 assists per game to go along with the solid play of players such as Kyle Korver and Paul Millsap. Not far behind them are the Bulls (24-10) who have been playing their best basketball games over the past few weeks. Jimmy Butler is an All-Star without a doubt, and he pretty much guaranteed his spot in the All-Star game with a 35 point game last month while leading the Bulls to a victory. More good news in the windy city is that Derrick Rose is playing very well and staying healthy. Rose is currently averaging 17 points and 5 assists per game. Although these numbers may not blow you away, it does show how great of a player he is to be able to come off of two gruesome injuries and perform great at the highest level. The season is still young, but here are the current standings:

East:                                                                                                                                                             West:

1. Hawks (25-8)                                                                                                                     1. Warriors (26-5)

2. Bulls (24-10)                                                                                                                      2. Blazers (26-8)

3. Raptors (24-10)                                                                                                                 3. Grizzlies (24-9)

4. Wizards (22-11)                                                                                                                 4. Mavericks (25-10)

5. Cavs (19-15)                                                                                                                        5. Rockets (23-10)

6. Bucks (18-17)                                                                                                                      6. Clippers (23-11)

7. Nets (16-17)                                                                                                                         7. Spurs (21-14)

8. Heat (15-20)                                                                                                                        8. Suns (20-16)