• Prom Preliminary Sign Up deadline is March 22. See Mrs. Weaver!

• Track & Field Athletes: Track clothing orders have been re-openned @DeMan's online store.

• Photograph or record your PROMPOSAL and enter in The Bark's contest!

Filed under Features, Student Work

Student EdCamp

Student EdCamp was held on Friday, December 21, at Redbank Valley High School.  For the last two years on the day before Christmas vacation, teachers, community members, and students offer educational, hands-on workshops for students.   Dr. Harmon, Mrs. Ripple, and Mr. Fricko have organized this event.

This year there were about 27 different sessions throughout the day.  Some of the sessions that you could chose from were, coffee brew-ology, canvas painting, escape room, sports trivia, and more.  During the lunch periods, there were options of pickleball, board games, a movie, or to attend a Bible Club meeting.

After lunch this year, all of the students went to the auditorium to hear about Dr. Harmon’s trip to Poland to explore and learn more about the holocaust.

Following Dr. Harmon’s presentation, there was a Students vs. Teachers Volleyball Game hosted by Student Council.   The teachers that volunteered to play were Mr. Carrier, Mr. Laird, Mr. Craig, Mr. Terwilliger, Mr. Wolff, Mr. Gold, and Mrs. Harmon.  For the students, there were three teams comprised of two grade levels with three players chosen from each grade.

About the Writer
Mackayla Males, Author

Mackayla is a Freshman at Redbank Valley High School. This is her first year writing for The Bark. You will most likely see her writing about sports and...