• The 2019 Track & Field Clothing order: See a coach for the paperwork to order!

• Bible Club Field Trip permission slips can now be picked up.

• Track Open Workouts will be Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays until 4:30. See Mr. Fricko if you have any questions.

Filed under Showcase, Student Work

Robotics Club

Back to Article
Back to Article

Robotics Club

The Redbank Valley Robotics Club took second place overall at Penn State University’s BEST Robotics Competition.  Mrs. Boyles, Mrs. Heasely, Mr. Bundy, and Mrs. Landers mentor the Robotics Club.

The theme for the Penn State competition was Ocean Garbage. They had five different tasks to accomplish during this competition. One was to run the robot down a beam that looks like a wave and moves. They had to knock down ducks that were at the bottom of the beam and read the numbers on them. Then, they had to communicate with the  oceans to see which way the currents were moving. Competitors also had to make a booth, create a marketing presentation, and keep an engineering notebook. Points were awarded for completing these tasks, good sportsmanship, and cheering for other teams.

The RV robot took third in the competition, but the team itself took second. Ms. Boyles feels the key to getting second was the engineering notebook because the team documented their journey very well. There were seven competitors total, and this was the highest RV has ever placed.

The next competition will be at California University for big metal robots.   The final competition this year will take place at Grove City. We wish the RV Robotics Team good luck at these competitions!

Makayla Monrean, Author

Makayla is a Freshman at Redbank Valley High School and it is her first year writing for The Bark.  She chose to join the newspaper staff  because she...