Volleyball Senior Night

L to R Jordan Milliron, Ttorilynne Nelson, Carissa Rearick, Hope Spence, Josie Rupp, Kristen, Shaffer, Shylie Shreckengost

Congratulations to the following seven seniors for a great season!! They were all recognized at Senior Night that was held on Thursday, October 18. If you were not able to attend, you can find some more information about them below.

Jordan Milliron:

Sports participated in: Volleyball for 6 years

Future plans: Further her education as an Ultrasound Technician

Favorite Memories include: Coach Darr wearing a nice shirt with sweatpants and sandals to our game and Josie’s bronco kicks.

Torilynne Nelson:

Sports participated in: Soccer for 9 years, Basketball for 2 years, Softball for 11 years, and Volleyball for 6 years

Activities participated in: SPARK Club for 2 years and Vice President for 1 year

Future Plans: 2 years at Mercyhurst Northeast for Physical Therapist Assistant then go to Pitt-Bradford for my business degree

Favorite Memories Include: Quote from Coach Darr “Junior High is in the spring” ; Shooting Josie in the face with a ball at practice; looking for Sharpsville; sitting in the dark gym listening to Photograph; winning D9; giving Taylor the nickname Clarice; and dinner dates with the Makayla’s

Carissa Rearick: 

Activities participated in: SPARK Club, Bible Club, Powderpuff Football, Chorus, Yearbook, Select Choir, and Stating for Softball

Future plans: Further education as a nutritionist

Favorite memories include: Winning D9 championship in 2016; naming Taylor Clarice; Josie going to hit the ball and she missed it and it hit her face; and Becca sliding down the bleachers

Josie Rupp: 

Sports participated in: Volleyball for 6 years, Cheerleading for 3 years, Track for 2 years, and Basketball for 1 year

Activities participated in: FFA

Future plans: Join the Military to become a Military Police Officer. Once I am done in the Military, I would like to pursue a career in the Criminal Justice Field.

Favorite memories include: Getting shot out of the air by TL’s ball;, a quote from Coach Darr “Junior High is in the spring”; Macy seeing her bone after falling on the bleachers; Becca’s silly moments my Freshman year; listening to Photograph while sitting in the dark gym; winning the District 9 title; and “Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by it’s breathtaking moments” by Coach Darr.

Kristen Shaffer:

Sports participated in: Volleyball for 6 years, Softball for 8 years, Soccer for 8 years, and Basketball for 3 years

Activities participated in: Band for 5 years and Marching band for 2 years

Future plans: Attend Mount Alyosius College for a psychology degree

Favorite memories include: Surviving riding home from games with my dad; almost peeing my pants on the bus ride to Clarion

Shylie Shreckengost:

Sports participated in: Volleyball for 6 years, Softball for 8 years, and Basketball for 3 years

Activities participated in: Student Council for 5 years

Future plans: Attend a university to major in biology in a pre-med program, then attend a med school to become an Orthopedic Surgeon

Favorite memories include: Hope getting hit in the face by a medicine bottle Coach Lindsey threw our Freshman year; talking to Tara and Kianna on the bench every game; and the bleachers flying out randomly in the middle of practice

Hope Spence: 

Sports participated in: Softball for 6 years, Track for 2 years, Basketball for 1 year, and Volleyball for 6 years

Activities participated in: Student Council for 5 years, 4-H for 3 years, Musical for 2 years, the gifted program for 6 years, and Senior Class President

Future plans: going to Slippery Rock University to major in physician’s assistant and minor in music therapy

Favorite memories include: Macey’s burpies her Freshman year; Josie’s “look” communication; Carissa’s emotions/sass; winning Districts my Sophomore year; and having not only a team, but a second family

These seniors will definitely be missed in the years to come.