• Any 9th graders willing to sell Daffin's candy bars should stop into room 118 to pick up a box.

• Wednesday, November 21 is pajama day. Pay $2 to your homeroom teacher.

• Friday, November 16th can pick up a blood drive form in either Mr. Weaver's room.

Filed under Sports, Sports Showcase

Penn State Wrestling Roster 2018-19 (Part 3)

An overview of the Nittany Lion Wrestling tradition at Penn State continues with Part III.

The following wrestlers will start us off at 157:

Jason Nolf/Sr/Yatesboro, Pa/Kittanning: Jason topped his undefeated season off with the 157-pound  title in St. Louis. Nolf heads into his senior year looking for another NCAA title and become a four-time All-American. He is already a three-time NCAA finalist and the reigning Big Ten Wrestler of the year. Jason was also one of the four champions for Penn State last year. When Nolf came to Penn State, he brought three state titles with him; at the weights of 103, 132, and 145. He amassed an outstanding record of 176-1 throughout his high school career.

Brian Friery/So/Lewisburg, Pa/Lewisburg: Brian was a three-time Pennsylvania state qualifier during his high school career. He had a record of 120-27 to finish his high school career. He placed multiple times in sectional, regional, and district tournaments. Friery competed in freestyle and Greco tournaments, in which he placed third in freestyle and first in Greco.

Bo Pipher may also wrestle in this weight class also.

The next weight class is 165, which will include the following:

Vincenzo Joseph/Jr/Pittsburgh, Pa/Central Catholic: Vincenzo is looking to become a national champ again. When Joseph came to Penn State he had about 140 wins under his belt as a four-year starter at Central Catholic. he was a four-time place winner and won two-straight Pennsylvania state titles his last two seasons.

Konner Kraeszig/Fr/Louisville, Ky/St. Xavier: Konner was a Kentucky state qualifier as a freshman. He placed second at the state championships.

Creighton Edsell/Fr/Wyalusing, Pa/Wyalusing: Creighton had an outstanding career during high school. He was a three-time state place winner and took fifth at 138 as a sophomore. Edsell won the PIAA championship at 160 as a junior and finished fourth at 160 also as a senior.

The next weight class is 174, which consists of the following:

Mark Hall/Jr/Apple Valley, Minn./Apple Valley: Mark completed one of the nation’s most storied high school careers. He was the winner of the 2016 Dave Schultz High School Excellence Award, and became the first person ever to win six Minnesota State High School Championships. Hall ended his high school career with a whopping record of 277-4, which included 144 consecutive wins and 189 career pins. He helped guide Apple Valley High School to six-straight state championships, and also becoming the only wrestler ever to earn 12 combined individual and team state titles.

Mason Manville/R-Fr/Lorton, Va/Wyoming Seminary: Mason represents the United States in the world championships as part of Team USA’s Greco-Roman squad, he was also a 152 pound national prep champion. Manville won the 2017 U.S. World Team Trials at 75kg and was a member of the 2016 ASICS High School All-American Team.

Francisco Bisono/Jr/Hauppauge, N.Y/Hauppauge: Francisco capped off his high school career at 170 pounds, going 28-1 overall his final season. He also won the Suffolk County championship and placed third in the state. Bisono was 61-1 his final two years of high school.

Creighton Edsell may also wrestle in this weight class.

The weight class of 184 pounds will consist of the following:

Shakur Rasheed/Sr/Coram, N.Y/Longwood: Shakur finished fifth at states as a freshman and second as a sophomore in high school. Then he finally won those state titles as a junior and senior. He was a country runner-up three times and a two-time county champion.

Austin Hoopes/Fr/Alton, Wyo/ Star Valley: Austin had an outstanding high school career. He took third at state at 145 as a sophomore with record of 47-17. Hoopes won a state title as a junior at 170 pounds with his record being 44-5. As a senior, he won his second straight state title at 182 pounds.

Francisco Bisono may also wrestle in this weight class.

The next weight class is 197 pounds and it will include the following:

Bo Nickal/Sr/Allen, Tx./Allen: Bo emerged as one of the nation’s greatest from high school. He brought three Texas state titles. Nickal ended his high school career with a record of 183-7, which includes 131 pins. He competed in the Dapper Dan Classic and the 2014 Dream Team dual, both of which he won. Bo has also won numerous national and international freestyle titles.

James Hoeg/R-Fr/Mattituck, N.Y/Mattituck: James won a N.Y state title as a senior. He was a four-time county champion and a two-time New York state place winner. Hoeg finished fourth at 170 pounds as a junior and won the 195-pound title as a senior.

The next and final weight class is 285 pounds:

Anthony Cassar/Sr/Rocky Hill, N.J/Montgomery: Anthony became the fourth wrestler in New Jersey’s history to win a state title after never qualifying for the state tournament. When he was a senior, he had a record of 45-0 and won the following: county, district, regional, and state titles. He had a record of 116-30 throughout his high school career.

Alex Nicholas/So/Allentown, Pa/Salisbury Twp: Alex finished his senior season with a record of 33-3, he ended up grabbing the fourth-place finish at the PIAA AA state championships. He won both District XI and South East Regional titles.

Nick Nevills/Sr/Clovis, Calif/Clovis: Nick was one of the most decorated prep wrestlers in recent history. He won three state titles and a third place finish during his four years of high school. Nevills had a remarkable record of 200-5.

Did you miss part two? Check it out here!

Did you miss part one? Check it out here!