Christmas Chorus Concert

Madison Harman, Editor

On Thursday, December 11, the walls of our auditorium were hit with outstanding sound from students of Redbank Valley School District. With talent ranging from fifth grade chorus to senior high chorus, a number of students were able to show off their dedication to music.

To begin the concert, Sixth Grade Chorus performed five songs, followed by After School and Fifth Grade Choruses also performing five songs each. Elementary choruses ended by combining and singing Let it Go.

Taylor King and Cassie Westover, both seventh graders, continued the show by performing a solo version of the song When Christmas Comes to Town from The Polar Express. After an amazing performance from the two young ladies, junior high chorus made their way on stage to sing six songs. Senior high chorus followed with eight songs, two of which featured students on musical instruments. Ryan Moore played the djembe during African Alleluia by Althouse, and Katie Adkins played the flute during Carol Him Sweetly by Schram. Before ending the evening, junior and senior high choruses joined to perform One Candle by Beck & Fisher.

After a combined total of 32 songs between the seven chorus groups, the audience was undoubtedly filled with the Christmas spirit by the end of the evening. A chorus concert featuring six different groups of students wouldn’t have been possible without the following individuals:

Emily Fields – Primary and Intermediate Vocal Music

Carrie McIntire – Junior and Senior High Vocal Music; also an accompanist for the show

Eli Terwilliger – Intermediate Instrumental Music

Sarah Williams – Junior and Senior High Instrumental Music

Markelle Willison – Accompanist