• The Tim Kutch benefit show for Cassie Westover is on October 27th @ 7pm here at the HS.

• Attn Attn! The time has come to audition for this year's high school musical. Mrs. McIntire has all of the details.

• Juniors - Powder puff will practice today from 6 - 8.

Filed under Sports, Sports Showcase

Penn State Wrestling Roster 2018-19 (Part 1)

The wrestling tradition at Penn State is looking good for the 2018-2019 Nittany Lions. Here’s a preview of two weight classes of competitors you will see on the mats this season.

The following Penn State wrestlers will compete at the weight class of 125 pounds:

Justin Lopez/So/Yonkers, N.Y/Yonkers:  Justin Lopez was a two-time all-state wrestler at Yonkers High School; he had a remarkable record of 125-14 over the three years of him being a starter for Yonkers. He went on to win the section title as a sophomore; went on to place sixth and third at states. Justin had the most wins in Yonkers High School history with 139 wins. He has also received the following awards: Three-time all-section, two-time all-state wrestler, High Honor Roll, Principal’s List, and the 2016 Con-Edison Award Winner.

Devin Schnupp/So/Lititz, Pa/Warwick:  Devin Schnupp wrestled at Warwick High School; he was Warwick’s all-time career wins record as well as state medals. He had an overall record 156-19 (156 wins is a school record), with him wrestling two years at 106 and two at 113. Devin placed sixth in the state as a junior and senior, not to forget that he was a regional champion in his final year in high school.

Gavin Teasdale/Fr/Rices Landing, Pa/Jefferson-Morgan:  Gavin was a four time state champion with a record of 162-2 for his varsity career. Teasdale won a 2-0 decision over Josh Jones from Saucon Valley to become the 13th wrestler in Pennsylvania history to win four state titles. He wrestled with honor and respect wearing Jimmy Gulibon’s headgear, his mentor and role model. Gulibon told Gavin, after winning his fourth title at Derry Area in 2013, that he was next.

Brody Teske/Fr/Duncombe, Iowa/Fort Dodge:  Brody Teske is 135-0 in his Iowa high school career and was a 3-time champion.   Iowa, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa were Penn State’s strongest competition for the local Iowan.

Jack Davis/Fr/Hanover Township, Pa/Wyoming Seminary:  Jack Davis was a Hanover native and Wyoming Seminary wrestling alumni who was previously committed to Pitt but has since changed to Penn State.

Brandon Meredith/Fr/Limerick, Pa/Spring-Ford:  Brandon Meredith had an overall record for his high school career of 150-33. Meredith only placed once in the state, that being 4th place.

The next weight class is 133 pounds, which will include the following:

Roman, Bravo-Young/Fr/Tucson Ariz./Sunny Side:  Roman is considered one of the top ranked lightweights in the nation; he went undefeated his high school career.

Austin Clabaugh/R-Fr/York Springs, Pa/Bermudian Springs:  Austin Clabaugh had a record of 149-31 for his high school career. He only placed at states one time, that being in the 2016-17 season, in which he place 2nd.

Mason Lindenmuth/So/Brockway Pa, Brockway:  Mason Lindenmuth ended his high school career with a record of 109-20. He placed at state two times during high school,  7th in the 2014-15 season and 5th for 2015-16.

John Consorti/Fr/Hellertown, Pa/Wilson:  John Consorti ended his high school career with a record of 118-29; he placed at states and districts once. Consorti placed 8th in the state and 6th at districts.

Patrick Higgins/Jr/Monroeville, N.J./Woodstown:  Patrick Higgins finished his career at Woodstown with 130-24, not to mention that he set the school record with his 130 wins.

Scott Stossel/Sr/Pittsburgh, Pa/North Allegheny:  Scott Stossel is a senior at Penn State; he helped his team at North Allegheny when he got 60 wins for them and getting nearly 100 wins of his own.

Jack Davis and Brandon Meredith may wrestle in this weight class also.

Be sure to check out part 2!