• The Tim Kutch benefit show for Cassie Westover is on October 27th @ 7pm here at the HS.

• Attn Attn! The time has come to audition for this year's high school musical. Mrs. McIntire has all of the details.

• Juniors - Powder puff will practice today from 6 - 8.

Filed under Features

Caitlynn Boozer Wins Cover Design Contest

Update:  Caitlynn Boozer, freshman, is the winner of this year’s yearbook cover contest.  Unfortunately we can’t release her masterpiece because the Yearbook Staff has agreed to keep it a surprise until the 2018-2019 Yearbook comes out. Caitlynn received a free yearbook along with large amounts of pride to tell to generations to come.  Congratulations, Caitlynn!

If you are not one for art, another way to get a free yearbook is to submit photos that can be used in the yearbook. How can you do that? All you need to do is check your gmail for an email from Yearbook Co-editor Elizabeth Brooks containing a link and directions regarding Image Share. The more usable photos you submit, the better chance you have to win a free a yearbook.

2nd Annual Yearbook Cover Contest

The Yearbook Staff is sponsoring the second annual yearbook cover design contest. According to Redbank’s very own Mrs. Bonfardine, any student seventh grade through twelfth can submit a yearbook design for the 2018-2019 yearbook.

If you are interested, submit your design by emailing Mrs. Bonfardine, yearbook adviser, or Elizabeth Brooks. If you want to turn in a hard copy, it can be handed in to Room 131.  The deadline is on September 21, so get drawing.

How it works is the Yearbook Staff will vote on the design that they think is best fit for the yearbook.

This contest was created to help kids of this school get more involved with the volume that will bring memories flooding in from your high school years. Wouldn’t that be nice to tell your children that you were the one that you designed the yearbook cover?

Last year Kia Sage won this contest with the design below. Kia stated that she was inspired by her love of street art.  She shared with us that that her design took about three weeks to complete. Kia’s advice for this year’s contestants is to draw something that expresses yourself in a creative way.