Student of the Week – Lauren Smith

Q:What are your hobbies and extracurricular school activities?

A: I like to spend time with my family and friends. In school, I am a part of Student Council, Bible Club, and Foreign Language Club. I also play basketball, volleyball, and softball.

Q:When you get screen time, what are you viewing?

A: I either talk to my friends or binge watch a TV series on Netflix.

Q:What is your favorite memory from high school so far?

A: My favorite memory would have to be district finals last year with my volleyball team. We didn’t win, but getting to play in that type of a game was such a cool experience.

Q:Where is one place on the planet you would like to visit someday? Why?

A: I would like to visit Italy because I want to see the historic landmarks and taste its delicious food.

Q:Favorite class subject and why:

A: My favorite subject is science, especially biology. I like to learn why things work the way they do inside our bodies and in our environment.

Q:If you could have dinner with anyone from the past or present, who would it be and why?

A: I would really love to have dinner with James Connor. While he was playing football at Pitt he was diagnosed with cancer. He beat cancer and now plays in the NFL for the Steelers. I would just like to listen to his story and ask him questions about it.

Q: If you had to write a thank-you note to a person who has taught you an important life lesson, who would it be? What lesson did you learn?

A: I would write a letter to Coach Darr, my volleyball coach. He has taught me many lessons throughout the five years I’ve had him as a coach, but there’s one that really stuck out. If you believe in something and work for it, it will happen.

Q:What is your passion, as of right now in high school?

A: I don’t have a passion in one particular area, but I work hard in sports and academics.