• The Tim Kutch benefit show for Cassie Westover is on October 27th @ 7pm here at the HS.

• Attn Attn! The time has come to audition for this year's high school musical. Mrs. McIntire has all of the details.

• Juniors - Powder puff will practice today from 6 - 8.

NCAA Post-Season

Jarrett Bailey, Sports Writer

The 2014 NCAA football season has come to an end, but there is a dramatic change this year. It is a change that fans have been begging to get almost nonstop for years– a playoff. The new College Football Playoff will feature four teams that were chosen by the election committee. The final four teams shaped out like this:

1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. Florida State

4. Ohio State

Alabama will play Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl and Oregon and Florida State will clash in the Rose Bowl. When it comes to the Sugar Bowl, I like Alabama. Like many Crimson Tide teams in recent years, this year’s team had a great defense, averaging only 16.6 points allowed per game, which was good for fourth in the Nation. Another thing I look at when it comes to a match-up like this is strength of schedule. Alabama played six teams, all of which were in the AP Top 25 and went 5-1 in those six games, including a 25-20 win over Mississippi State, who was the number one team at that point. Another factor for ‘Bama is the great halfback duo of T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry, who combined, ran for nearly 2,000 yards and 20 touchdowns. With QB Blake Sims at the helm of the Crimson Tide offense along with the deadly halfback duo of Yeldon and Henry, I think Alabama will come out on top.

Now, the Rose Bowl may be the most exciting game of the year, featuring the defending Heisman Trophy winner from Florida State, James Winston, and the high-powered offense of the Seminoles.  They will try to match the fast pace offense of the Oregon Ducks. This is going to be an offensive showdown, as both offenses were ranked in the top 10 in the Nation for total offense. I believe that Florida State is going to come out on top–and my reason can be explained with just two words– Rashad Greene. The explosive receiver led the Seminoles with 93 receptions and 7 touchdowns and will be a huge test for the Ducks’ defense.

Well, you have my opinions.   Now we just have to wait for January 1st to get some answers on who will play in the National Title Game.