Filed under Showcase, Student Work

Student of the Week: Alena Keller

Q: What are your hobbies and extracurricular school activities?

A: I am a member of the Oakland Church of God Youth group and student leadership team. I enjoy playing Soccer and Softball. I am also involved in the music program here at Redbank Valley, and I preform in concert band, choir, and the musicals. I am a member of 4-H Country Kidz. I enjoy hunting and being outdoors. I like to paint and sew when I can’t hangout with my friends and family.

Q: When you get screentime, what what are you viewing?

A: I don’t watch a lot of TV, but when I do I usually watch Animal Planet and NatGeowild.

Q: What is your favorite memory from high school so far?

A: I have a lot of fun memories from my whole high school career, and it’s very hard to pick just one.

Q: Where is one place you would like to visit one day?

A: I love to travel, so it would be hard to pick just one place to go, but I think it would be really cool to visit Europe one day. There is so much more out there that we don’t know of and to see more of it and all of it’s beauty would be awesome.

Q: Favorite Class and why:

A: My favorite classes this year would be psychology and sociology. You learn a lot more about human nature and interesting aspects of everyday life without even realizing it. I also like how Mr. Gold teaches.

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone from the past or present, who would it be and why?

A: If I could have dinner with anyone, it would be Jesus. He is my savior. how cool would it be to have dinner with him!

Q: If you had to write a thank you note to a person who has taught you an important life lesson, who would it be?

A: I would write a thank you note to Mr. Campbell. He has shown and taught me that just because someone isn’t the best at something doesn’t mean they’re not good at other things. He taught me to not compare myself. He’s shown me if you work hard at something that you aren’t the best at, you can still succeed, but only you can make that choice. He’s shown me that we are all different and talented in our own ways.

Q: What is your passion, as of right now in high school?

A: My passion right now in high school is to be the best “me” I can be. A lot of us go through high school and even life trying to be something we’re not. We worry about things that we don’t have instead of embracing what we were already given.