• People going on the Holocaust trip on March 29th, check your email

• Monday, March 25, 2019 (A day)

• Photograph or record your PROMPOSAL and enter in The Bark's contest!

Filed under Sports, Sports Showcase

Pittsburgh Steelers Game Recap

The Pittsburgh Steelers won against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday Night 40-17. The Steelers are in 1st place in their division and conference. All it took for them to get back on fire was a Prime Time game on a Thursday night. Antonio Brown had 10 catches for 144 yards and 3 touchdowns. Le’Veon Bell had 12 carries for 46 yards. It felt like everything went right for the Steelers, lending to their hot and cold nature after just barely squeaking by the Indianapolis Colts last week. Most of the lack of consistency is due to Ben Roethlisberger, who was fantastic in the game against the Titans but was very bad against the Colts, as Father Time seems to finally be catching up with him. No longer can he extend the play and make a ridiculous play. He has to become more of a game manager because of how much talent the Steelers have this year. Ben seems determined not to let it happen because he put up huge numbers in the Titans game, passing for 299 yards and 4 touchdowns.

The defense has been keeping up it’s dominant form in recent weeks, as they forced Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota to throw four interceptions. The pass rush looked like the best it had all season, with Cameron Heyward leading them in sacks(2). While they did give up a 75 yard touchdown, after that they locked up and kept the score at 17.

Now that the Steelers lead the AFC conference, they are better than the Patriots. Some people thought that the Steelers wouldn’t even make the playoffs after performing subpar in road games against bad teams they should blow out. Now they are Super Bowl contenders. It is possible that we may have a Pennsylvania Super Bowl showdown. The Philadelphia Eagles are also leading their division and conference. That would be very exciting.

About the Writer
Declan Fricko, Writer

Declan Fricko is a sophomore at Redbank Valley. This is his first year writing for The Bark. He is involved in student council and plays three sports:...