• There will be a student council meeting today in room 106 during activity period.

• Upward Bound will meet on Monday, 12/10, after school in Mrs. Orange's room.

• Boys’ Basketball tournament here at 6:00 PM

Filed under Sports, Sports Showcase

Girls Soccer Preview

The girls varsity plays in the semifinals for District 9 playoffs against Brockway tonight at 6:00. With the girls coming off a win against Clarion last Wednesday, they have had a full week to prepare for the Lady Rovers, but what is their game plan for them? Coach Mike Dawson gave some insight to The Bark.

DF: First of all, how good is Brockway?

MD: They are the top seed coming into the playoffs with 14-1 record. They also have the current central division MVP on their squad who’s racked up a number of 3-goal games.

DF: With all that talent on their roster how do you expect to beat them?

MD: The MVP will be trouble, but they do not have much depth besides her. Hopefully we can have Zoie [Stewart] lock her down and then execute on offense.

DF: With the fan presence making a difference in last game, do you figure you will get the same turn-out at this game?

MD: The student section was great at our last four games and we have had a marked improvement in each with bigger crowds. Hopefully we can a lot of bodies out to the game tonight.  The more people the better. I believe the school is taking a fan bus if they get enough people to go.

While Coach Dawson believes they can win, Brockway may be too much to overcome. The girls need Brooke Eberle and Rhiannon Laughlin to play great on the wings for them to have a chance. If Hailey Minich has a game like she had at Clarion, the path to victory will be easier. The girls will win if Redbank students show up and if their young talent does not get nervous. Make sure you do your part and come out to the game tonight. It is at DuBois High School at 6:00. Be there or be square!! Go Dogs!

Declan Fricko, Writer

Declan Fricko is a sophomore at Redbank Valley. This is his first year writing for The Bark. He is involved in student council and plays three sports:...