Unleashed Voice of the Redbank Valley Bulldogs ~ New Bethlehem, PA

• The Christmas Band Concert will be held tonight at 7:00.

• Start decorating doors! Doors due December, 19th

• 12 days left until Christmas!

Piano Class

Sixth Period Piano Class

Sixth Period Piano Class

Sixth Period Piano Class

Piano Class is a new elective here at Redbank Valley High School taught by Mrs. McIntire, our music teacher and choir director.  Mrs. McIntire agreed to answer some questions about this new course.

What inspired you to teach this class?  I have played piano pretty much my whole life and have taught lessons privately.  Over the past several years, I have had numerous requests for lessons or to simply help someone learn a song.

How long have you wanted a Piano Class?  I’ve been thinking about it for about the past 3-4 years.

Which students are permitted to take the class?   Are there any prerequisites?  Any student in grades 9 – 12 is eligible.  There are no prerequisites.

What goals do you have for your piano students?   I hope that at the end of the semester each of them will go away from the class feeling comfortable playing easy to moderate piano music.  They will also be able to read music well and understand all of the musical terminology needed in order to read the music effectively.

Will there be any concerts or performances for the Piano Class?  If so when?   This is still up in the air.  I’m hoping to have their talent displayed at chorus or band concerts this year.  Some other possibilities are still being discussed.

What are the types of music that students play?   Currently, just songs from a Piano Method book to learn the basics.  Beyond that, it is up to the students to decide what they would like.  They find and bring other songs – church, pop, classical, etc.

If you are interested in this semester piano course next year, be sure  to talk to your guidance counselor during your scheduling conference this spring.