Student of the Week: 8-28-17

Name: Zoie Stewart

Q: After-school activities:

A: Girls Varsity Soccer, Bible Club, Show Choi, Indoor Soccer, Spring Soccer, NHS

Q: Favorite book, its author and why:

A: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. I’ve always been a fan of the movies, but after reading it I understand everything that happens so much better. I really enjoy the detail it contains.

Q: Favorite band or musician and why:

A: Florence & The Machine- songs  for all the emotions weather I feel like singing along to a fun happy song or just listening to something slow or sad.

Q: Personal hero and why:

A: My mom because she teaches me everyday in a little ways that always seem to change the way I see the world.

Q: Highlight of your high school experience so far:

A: Sophomore trips to NYC and trying new things and observed different cultures while having fun with my friends.

Q: What is your favorite subject?

A: Math because there is always an answer, you just have to work to find it.

Q: If you could create your own high school course, what would it be called and what would it teach? 

A: It would be called “That Fashion Class” and it would teach about fashion history & styles as well as how to get your own style on a budget.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish by age 30. 

A: To find out what I want to do in life (and do it) , visit all 50 states and travel out of the country, and be happy with every choice I make.

Q: If I could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A: If I could spend a year abroad it would be to Iceland. It is a very environmentally friendly country with beautiful scenery. Overall it seems like a great place to learn and travel to.

Q: What would you tell a freshman who wants to make the most of his or her high school years?

A: Other people’s opinions don’t matter. If you want to do something because you want to do it then do it. The possible judgement from people in high school shouldn’t hold you back from what you want to do.